Garage Heater Installation in Minneapolis-St. Paul
When the weather starts to turn icy here in Minnesota, you know you’ll need to bundle up for protection against the bitter cold when you go outside. Then, you relish the warmth and coziness when you get home. What about when you have a craft, hobby, or repair project to work on in the garage? Rather than suffer in the cold, consider installing a garage heater to make the space as comfortable as the rest of your house. Blue Ox Heating and Air is pleased to offer multiple garage heating options to help you get the most out of the space.
To learn more about efficient garage heating options in Minneapolis-St. Paul, please contact us today at 952-563-3012.
Benefits of Installing a Garage Heater
Here are the top reasons why many Minnesota homeowners have started heating the garage:
- Stay warm while you work: The garage is the perfect place for woodworking, painting, and fixing up the car. However, these tasks become extra challenging if your fingers are frozen to the bone. Make the garage a comfortable place to work on your hobby or craft all year round with a garage heater.
- Convert the garage into a living space: If your home has started to feel a little cramped as your family grows, get more out of every square foot with a garage conversion. You can turn the space into a home theater, gym, office, game room, or even an extra bedroom. Garage heating is a must if you hope to make the conversion comfortable in the winter.
- Warm the room above the garage: Bedrooms located adjacent to the garage tend to feel colder than the rest of the house. By heating the garage below, you promote a warmer temperature in the room above.
- Keep the car warm: Even if you use your garage for its intended purpose, you can still benefit from having a heater. Parking the car in a heated garage protects it from the harsh Minnesota winter. The engine warms up faster, and the oil and coolant remain a more desirable viscosity to help your car run smoothly.
Options for Heating Your Garage
Here are some heating options to consider for your garage:
- Insulation: Before you pick out a garage heater, make sure the space is insulated. This involves installing an energy-efficient garage door, insulating the ceiling and walls, and sealing the windows. These measures help make garage heating more affordable so your utility bills don’t skyrocket in the winter.
- Ductless heating and air conditioning: The biggest benefit of this option is that it offers both heating and cooling for year-round comfort. This is especially important if you plan to convert the garage into a workshop or living space.
- Radiant heating: Installing radiant floor, ceiling, or wall heaters is an efficient way to keep your garage toasty.
- Convection heating: A freestanding or baseboard convection heater is a versatile and practical option to consider.
- Space heaters: Plug-in electric space heaters, direct-vent gas space heaters, and portable propane or kerosene space heaters are all viable choices for heating the garage.
Install a Garage Heater in Minneapolis-St. Paul
With insulation and an efficient heating system, the garage could become your favorite room in the house. Let Blue Ox help you select and size the right garage heater for your needs. Our team can then perform an expert installation with your 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
To work with a reliable HVAC contractor on your garage heating project, please contact Blue Ox at 952-563-3012! We serve customers in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.