Aeroseal® Duct Sealing Service in Minneapolis
Increase Comfort | Save Money | Live Healthier
Comfort is More Than a Number on the Thermostat
Leaky ducts significantly contribute to the warmth and cooling of a home. Even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems cannot control the amount of comfort you experience in your living spaces if there are leaking ducts. The loss of cool and warm air to the wrong places inside, outside or in the unconditioned spaces of a home is significantly reduced with Aeroseal duct sealing because our patented sealing technology seals the ducts airtight. With Aeroseal, hard to heat or cool rooms will have even temperatures and will be more comfortable. Humidity levels are also easier to control after an Aeroseal.
Your Ducts Shouldn’t Cost You Money, But They Do!
Homeowners may not ever think about their air ducts. But the fact is, something that most of us never even think about could be costing us a lot more money than we realize. Whether a home is old or new, leaking ducts cost a homeowner money, not to mention the stress it causes an HVAC system. Consider this:
- About 50% of the average home’s utility bill is spent on heating and air conditioning.
- On average, 30 cents of every $1 spent on heating and cooling a home disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts.
- 25% to 60% of heated and cooled air leaks doesn’t make it to their intended rooms.*
- Duct leakage in homes costs homeowners $25 billion a year in utility costs.
Create a Safer, Healthier Home
- Leaks pull mold, dust and other pollutants into your home causing indoor air quality issues and have potential to create harmful allergy problems.
- Leaks contribute to safety issues related to backdraft of appliance fumes, auto exhaust and radon gases being released into your home.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Frequently Asked Questions about Aeroseal®
Q: Is there an odor?
A: At the time of application, there is a very mild odor, similar to that of craft glue. However, that dissipates within a few hours.
Q: Are VOCs emitted?
A: The sealant has been tested by an independent lab and has been found to have very low VOCs.
Q: Will it harm my electronics? Pets? Artwork?
A: No. Our technicians are trained to protect all sensitive objects in the home.
Q: Do ducts need to be cleaned before Aerosealing?
A: Most ducts do not need to be cleaned before sealing. The technician will assess the condition of the ducts first and make a recommendation.
Q: Can ducts be cleaned after Aerosealing?
A: Ducts of all types can be cleaned after Aerosealing.
Q: What if my ducts are hidden from view?
A: Unlike other sealing methods, Aeroseal can seal ducts that are hidden. Aeroseal can seal all types of ducts.
Q: Will the ductwork be coated with sealant after Aerosealing?
A: No. The Aeroseal process does not coat the ducts.
Q: How long will it last?
A: Guaranteed for 10 years. Tested for 40 years.