FURNANCE REPAIR IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN
When winter comes to Minnesota, every home needs a working furnace. Whether you’re looking for general furnace maintenance, tune-up options, or emergency furnace repair for those unexpected breakdowns, the professionals at Blue Ox Heating & Air have got your back. Our trained heating technicians have more than 300 years of combined experience working with all types of furnaces and heating units. We’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get you the services you need to resolve any surprise heating issue.
Furnace Warning Signs
Lack of routine maintenance can result in higher energy costs from inefficient operation and can often lead to inconvenient, unexpected system failure. Knowing the signs that it might be time for furnace maintenance could save you thousands of dollars down the road. Be on the lookout for the following:
- Thermostat Issues: Problems with the thermostat can cause the heat or fan to malfunction or the temperature inside your home to get too hot or too cold.
- Broken Parts: Airflow issues caused by worn or broken fan motors, belts, and bearings can trigger further damage.
- Dirty Filters: Filters can become dirty or clogged, which restricts airflow and prevents the system from properly heating the air. This forces the furnace to work harder to circulate air through the home. In some cases, this could damage the limit switch, which controls the fan.
- Ignition Problems: Pilot or ignition problems can shut off a heating unit entirely and not allow any warm air through.
- Uneven Heating: If your furnace is unevenly heating your home, there could be a number of issues causing problems, from improper equipment to duct problems.
- Higher Utility Bills: Higher utility bills often indicate an inefficient system that has to run longer to provide the same amount of heat.
“Serving all of Minneapolis & St. Paul Area.
Furnace are what we do! Call Us Today!”
Blue Ox Heating & Air offers homeowners night and weekend appointments as well as 24-hour emergency repair services. We specialize in gas, oil, electric, and natural gas furnace maintenance. All of our work is carried out by certified technicians who have undergone background checks and specialized training. We also offers free estimates on any new equipment that you might need.
24 Hour Furnace Repair
Blue Ox Heating & Air offers 24-hour furnace repair services for emergency situations. We will come to your house any time of the day or night to address any emergency furnace issues you face. You can rest assured that our technicians will provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism. In fact, every member of our team has passed an extensive background check and has the proper training and experience to quickly diagnose and resolve issues with all types of furnaces.
Blue Ox 20 Point Furnace Tune Up
Schedule a 20 Point Furnace Tune Up with Blue Ox and our technicians will do a full inspection.
Our technician will perform the following steps:
- Test and cycle air conditioner
- Calibrate thermostat and proper operations
- Inspect gas piping and valve
- Verify proper ignition
- Check and record temperature rise
- Clean burners and adjust for maximum efficiency
- Clean flame sensor
- Safety check all controls for proper operation
- Check for gas leaks near furnace
- Inspect blower assembly operation, lubricate, and adjust as necessary
- Test for carbon monoxide
Our technician will also visually inspect the following:
- Air filters
- Primary heat exchanger
- Secondary heat exchanger
- Combustion intake and exhaust piping
- Electrical connections
- Circuit boards
- Blower assembly
- Draft inducer assembly
- Furnace condensate drain line