Ductless Systems & Services in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Are you looking for the right heating and cooling system for your Minnesota home? If central heating and air conditioning isn’t the right fit, rest assured that you have other versatile, reliable options to choose from, including ductless systems. Choosing ductless is growing increasingly popular among homeowners looking for a better way to heat and cool their home.
Learn more about ductless heating and cooling here. Then, contact Blue Ox Heating and Air at 952-563-3012 to request an installation or service estimate in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
How Do Ductless Systems Work?
Ductless systems, also called ductless mini-splits, work similarly to heat pumps—that is, a single system is capable of both heating and cooling using electricity and refrigerant. The unit moves heat rather than converting it from a fuel source, allowing for incredible efficiency ratings.
Ductless mini-splits are comprised of three main parts—an outdoor condensing unit, an indoor wall-mounted air handler, and a conduit that connects the two through a small hole in the wall. Up to five indoor units can connect to a single outdoor unit, making zoned heating and cooling an option. By going ductless, you’re bound to experience lower energy costs, cleaner air quality, increased comfort, and ease of maintenance.
A ductless system could be a good fit for your home if:
- You want to add air conditioning to an older house without the cost of installing ductwork.
- You’re looking to save money compared to the cost of using electric baseboard heating.
- You’re building an add-on or sunroom, and you want to avoid the expense of running ductwork into these areas.
- You’re converting the garage or attic into a workshop or living area, and you need an efficient way to heat and cool the space.
- You want to add zoned heating or cooling to a room that’s notoriously difficult to keep comfortable, such as a computer room.
- You’re hoping to heat and cool your home without the energy loss associated with leaky air ducts.
Our Ductless Mini-Split Services
Choose Blue Ox for the following ductless mini-split services in Minneapolis-St. Paul:
- Ductless system maintenance: While ductless mini-splits are easy to maintain, it’s important not to neglect them. A quick visit from a professional twice a year helps ensure the system runs without a hitch in the coming season.
- Ductless system repair: The highly trained technicians at Blue Ox can diagnose and repair whatever problems you may be having with your ductless mini-split. Thanks to our emergency response team, you can expect prompt service at all hours of the day or night, even on weekends and holidays.
- Ductless system installation and replacement: We only partner with the best ductless manufacturers, including Bryant, Daikin, and Mitsubishi. This gives you numerous options to choose from, all of which you can trust to be energy efficient and of the highest quality. After we help you select the right system for your needs, we perform an expert installation, which is quick and easy because there’s no need to put in ductwork.
Install Ductless Heating and Cooling in Minneapolis-St. Paul
At Blue Ox, we have invested in extensive training for our technicians, and we have experience on our side. You can even find us as a Featured Contractor in the Ductless Directory, a national resource that helps homeowners understand the value of ductless heating and air conditioning.
If you’re still wondering whether a ductless mini-split could work for your Minneapolis-St. Paul home, please give us a call at 952-563-3012. We would be happy to provide a free consultation to answer any remaining questions you have!